[FH] Re: What to do with CHF cat during trip?

  • C
    Message 1 of 16 , Aug 21, 2013
      Sadly, no vet techs at my vet's moonlight as pet sitters. And only one of three recommend pro pet sitters called me back, and they were booked. Then I talked to Mikko's vet today and told him I was worried about boarding him and asked his opinion. He said he didn't recommend boarding in Mikko's case and if there was any way for Mikko to stay home and get his meds that would be far less stressful. Yikes talk about scary, when even the vet wouldn't board him....

      Luckily our super awesome neighbors are gonna pill Mikko. They always feed the cats when we're gone anyway, but we thought it was far to much to ask them to give him pills. But, we talked and he came over and gave Mikko his night meds and managed to get them down on the first try for every pill. That never happens to me. So even though I'll still be scared to death, I think Mikko is in good hands. Whew!