Co-Q10

  • Mandy
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 21, 2013
      Just wondering was people thought's was on the benefits of Co-Q10. I give my cat with HCM a 30mg capsule every day and he loves it! Recently we had another cat diagnosed with RCM and she hates the stuff, we was told she only has months to live, and I'm now questioning myself should I begiving her this if she hates it that much?

      Mandy
    • elfinmyst
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 21, 2013
        All my heart cats get 30mg a day and they are all very stable and have had
        this for up to 7 years now. You can mix it in a little tuna in spring water
        or onto chicken. Mine take it easily so I`m lucky.
        Remember you can't suddenly stop taking it, it must be reduced slowly.

      • Mandy
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 21, 2013
          Hi Lyn

          Saphie is such a fussy eater, she tends to eat mainly dried food, if I give her wet she just licks the gravy off. Have heard mention giving pills in baby food, so got to be worth a go, as its smooth and hopefully she will like it. My only worry is the stress I'm causing her by trying to give her the meds.

          Mandy

          > All my heart cats get 30mg a day and they are all very stable and have had
          > this for up to 7 years now. You can mix it in a little tuna in spring water
          > or onto chicken. Mine take it easily so I`m lucky.
          > Remember you can't suddenly stop taking it, it must be reduced slowly.
          >
          > Lyn

        • elfinmyst
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 21, 2013
            Hi Mandy

            Pierce the COQ capsule and mix it with a little gravy. It does degenerate
            in light, but not so quickly if she eats it. Its worth a try. CoQ in oil
            doesn't taste bad, just.. olive oily?

            :) Lyn