Re: [FH] Pimobendan doses

  • Laurie Stead
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 21, 2013
      Hi Brenda -

      1/18 of a dose is quite low but I understand slowing introducing a new med as I did the same.  I started Boo out with just 1/4 of the1.25mg in the morning and once she tolerated that after a week, I added 1/4 in the evening.  Then we went to 1/2 am and 1/4 pm, and finally to 1/2 am and 1/2 pm where we stand for over a year now.

      As far as how quickly it worked, it's so hard to know since Boo was already taking several drugs including lasix, plavix and benazepril before adding pimo.  I just know the "cocktail" has saved her life.  Also important to note Boo suffers from DCM and that is why the cardiologist was pretty insistent on adding the pimo.  It is known to help dogs with DCM.

      I hope Miles does well on it.  I have never heard a bad story about pimo.  I think it is worth trying.

      Laurie and Boo

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 23, 2013
        This was meant for the group.....

        Sorry Maggie - you did say 1/8... my note had the typo :)

        ________________________________
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 23, 2013
          Thank you, Laurie. I just noticed my default replies to the poster. Does anyone know if there is a way to default 'the group'?

          Thank you-

          Brenda

          --- In feline-heart@yahoogroups.com, Laurie Stead <kittykatwhiskas@...> wrote:

          > This was meant for the group.....
          >

          > Sorry Maggie - you did say 1/8... my note had the typo :)

        • Mary Sue Rubin
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 23, 2013
            If you hit "reply to all" it will go to both.

            Mary Sue

            --- In feline-heart@yahoogroups.com <mailto:feline-heart%40yahoogroups.com>