Staci's mom: Lasix and Ondansetron dosages

  • Tami Shahoumian
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 19 5:27 PM
      Friends,

      What are the ranges of dosages that are usually used for Lasix and
      Ondansetron for a 5lb cat?

      The Lasix was prescribed at 1/4 of a 12mg pill daily, which the vet said is
      a very low dose.

      The Ondansetron I actually left without getting a dosage amount. It will be
      on the label, but I always like to double check.

      Thanks,
      Tami, Staci's mom

    • Debbie Loffredo
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 19 6:02 PM
        For Lasix, the dose really varies with the severity of the problem and the
        more experienced the prescriber (cardiologists) draw on experience. Other
        health complications (ie: kidney disease) will factor as well as weight.

        My ragdoll, who was 12-13# at the time was taking 20 mg lasix 2 x a day (40
        mg/day). 4 months on that dose, breathing good and still had beautiful
        kidney values, we just couldn't control that pesky liver.

        Deb and Angel Cat-man

        > What are the ranges of dosages that are usually used for Lasix and
        > Ondansetron for a 5lb cat?
        >
        > The Lasix was prescribed at 1/4 of a 12mg pill daily, which the vet said
        > is
        > a very low dose.
        >
        > The Ondansetron I actually left without getting a dosage amount. It will
        > be
        > on the label, but I always like to double check.
        >
        > Thanks,
        > Tami, Staci's mom

      • Jordan
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 20 10:25 AM
          Hi Debbie,

          I just started Sheba on ondansetron. She is on .5mg (1/8 tab of 4mg pill) twice a day. I am not seeing as much eating as I would like so I increased it to .5mg in the AM and 1mg in the afternoon = TOTAL 1.5mg per day.

          However, the regular dosing is normally 1mg twice daily. So I am slowly increasing the dosage as needed.
          Sheba has feline asthma and unclassified cardiomyopathy.

          Thanks,
          Jordan and Sheebs