Missed Fortekor

  • Mandy
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 6, 2013
      Saphie is very good with her Fortekor and will eat it straight out of my hand, this morning I gave it to her and I'm sure she ate it, but when I went it give her the furosemide I noticed tucked down he side of her basket was a Fortekor tablet , i'm not sure if maybe it was yesterday's at it was dry or today's ? Will it hurt to miss one? Frightened to give it to her incase that means she's had 2 today.

      Mandy
    • elfinmyst
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 7, 2013
        HI Mandy

        Trixi once ate her fortekor and everyone else's as well!

        Ring your vet to check if their is more harm in a missed dose than a double
        dose.

        Lyn:)

      • Pablo Frank
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 7, 2013
          Hello, does anyone have experience/knowledge/ know internet links about side effects of Deslorelin (Suprelorin)?
          Thanks in advance,
          Pablo

        • elfinmyst
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 7, 2013
            Hi

            I have used a similar treatment (delvosteron) with my HCM cat as surgery
            was a risk, although she is now neutered. We were advised not to use it
            long term. Calling long term is stressful, especially heart cats, but it is a
            hormone steroid treatment.

            It is not suitable for breeding cats as there is a risk of them not coming
            into season long term.

            http://vetbook.org/wiki/cat/index.php/Suprelorin

            http://www.ehow.com/facts_5667967_side-effects-deslorelin-implants-dogs.html

            There are few studies in cats, mostly dogs.