Re: How To Read HCM Test Results?

  • elfinmyst
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 6, 2013
      Hi

      The main result is the thickness of the left side of the heart .That
      determines HCM.

      Quoted from
      http://samedicine.anzcvs.org.au/samedicine_assets/documents/2012%20proceedings/Campbell%20ANZCVS%202012.pdf

      The key morphologic feature of HCM is a concentrically hypertrophied
      non-dilated left ventricle (LV) where diastolic interventricular septal or free
      wall thickness is 6 mm or greater.

      This would be the LVWd reading I assume? They use different initials on the
      scans I have. They usually take the thickest value.