Re: [feline-heart] Names of cardiologist for consult help

  • Laura Penny
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 7, 2000
      Dr. Braz-Ruivo is good: 301-809-8800.

      Laura

      -----Original Message-----
      From: gran_patti <gran_patti@...>
      To: feline-heart@egroups.com <feline-heart@egroups.com>
      Date: Friday, July 07, 2000 10:01 AM
      Subject: [feline-heart] Names of cardiologist for consult help

      >hello all, Lilli is having problems which I can't seem to get any answers
      for does anyone have name and number of a cardiologist-- a good thoughtful
      one- I really need toget some help. Thank you patti

    • gran_patti
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 7, 2000
        Hi Jon Hoped I'd hear from you. I live in Maine and I can drive, fly(my
        son is an airline employee so I get travel benefits) or most likely call
        someone. Thanks for responding Patti and Lilli P.S. I just came back from
        Mass where she had an untrasound, strip, and no news but I will say this,
        he gave her 50 ml of fluids and I think her breathing has improved. Figure
        that, Congestive heart, lasix and what makes her breathing better, fluids.
        I now realize that dehydration has its own symptoms too. Thanks. Patti
        > > hello all, Lilli is having problems which I can't seem to get any
        > > answers for does anyone have name and number of a cardiologist--
        > > a good thoughtful one- I really need toget some help.
        >
        > Where do you live?
        >
        > > Thank you patti
        >
        > --
        > JR
        > & Tabby (RB), Licorice, Tigger, Lynx

        Download Now http://www.netzero.net/download/index.html
        Request a CDROM 1-800-333-3633
      • Jonathan Rosenberg
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 7, 2000

          The cardiologist I use for Lynx here in NJ is excellent. He is a diplomate
          of the AVCIM, is an obvious cat lover & takes time to explain everything &
          answer questions. He even called me at 6:30 on a Saturday night to give me
          the results of Lynx's blood test, since the results had just come back from
          the lab.

          I've included his contact info as a text attachment to this email.

          > Patti and Lilli

          > P.S. I just
          > came back from
          > Mass where she had an untrasound, strip, and no news but I will
          > say this,
          > he gave her 50 ml of fluids and I think her breathing has
          > improved. Figure
          > that, Congestive heart, lasix and what makes her breathing
          > better, fluids.
          > I now realize that dehydration has its own symptoms too.

          Glad to hear that Lilli is doing better.

          --
          JR
          & Tabby (RB), Licorice, Tigger, Lynx

          ----------

          Full Name: Schrope, Donald P.
          Last Name: Schrope
          First Name: Donald
          Job Title: Vet (Cardiology)
          Company: Veterinary Referral Center

          Business Address: 48 Notch Rd.
          Little Falls, NJ 07424

          Business: +1 (888) 722-7200
          Business 2: +1 (973) 890-9796
          Business Fax: +1 (973) 890-4876

        • Miguel &Linda Irrgang
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 14, 2000
            Patti,
            Try the Gulf Coast Animal Clinic in Houston, Texas...they are the besst in the
            southwest and have phenomenal facilities and human resources. They have brought
            2 of my babies back from "death" literally. They only work by referral from
            other vets so you must a referral. They have arranged with a Drury Inn nearby
            (about 1/4 mile) to accept pet owners and pets if need be. It's where I have
            taken Pum from here (Santiago, Chile) when we had our recent crisis.

            Our vet is Dr. Vulgamott. I can't say enough good things about him. You will not
            be disappointed. There is also a very wellknown vet cardiologist in Florida
            (Gainesville?) but I can't remember the name.....good luck and keep us updated.

            Linda Max and Pum