Re: New, Julie collapsed, suspected heart problem, advice would be so appreciate

  • elfinmyst
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 3, 2013
      Hi Tara

      How old is Julie? I urge you to make an urgent consultation with a vet
      cardiologist for an ultrasound of the heart. It is the only way to diagnose
      heart disease and it sounds as if that is the problem. She may have thrown a
      blood clot or had a fit, but either way you are right that it is urgent.

      Has she any lameness at all? Do her feet feel cold? If yes, take her to an
      emergency vet immediately as a blood clot to the back legs is an emergency.
      I dont want to alarm you but there is no way to hide the seriousness of a
      clot. She would need immediate treatment. Was she given any medication?

    • Westgold

        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 3, 2013
          ((This was for group))

          Hi, thanks so much for your response. Sorry for any typos I'm typing from
          my phone. Julie just turned 10 yesterday. They did not give her any meds at
          the vet. About a week ago, I noticed JUlie slip a little bit. It was
          subtle, but I noticed it and she did something like if again seconds later, just
          as subtle but also unlike her and i couldnt see nything tht would cause her
          to slip. Other than that she's been walking and jumping like normal. I
          just called one emergency vet since all the bets are closed and they don't
          have a cardiologist in until Monday, but they would call him in for a 600
          dollar fee which I don't have. The other emergency vet isn't answering, I'm
          hoping they have someone who can do the test.... While I try to get her seen
          is there anything I can do to keep her safe? She seems like a somewhat
          subdued version of herself, she just tried to play with a string on my shirt.
          She's been drinking tons of water today and that's been making me nervous,
          though bet said that might be from debydration.. Thank you so much for your
          response, I'm going to try to find someone to give her the test asap. .
          Thanks, Tara

        • Westgold

            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 3, 2013
              Thanks so much for your response and advice. All the vets are closed and I'm still looking for someone who can do the test. I'm so scared something is going to happen overnight.... Do you know if there is anything I can do to keep her safe in the meantime? I want to make sure I'm doing everything right by my girl. Thank you all, truly. -Tara