Re: [FH] Baby Mia's Mummy - New Baby Mickey??!

  • Morven Doyle
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 27, 2013
      Hi all :-)

      I'm struggling somewhat with this decision (below). Has anyone got any thoughts / comments / advice please?

      It would be very gratefully appreciated.

      Morven x

      On 26 Jul 2013, at 23:15, "morven_d" <morven.doyle@...> wrote:

      > Hi all,
      >
      > It's Mia's mummy here (you all might remember my devastation after I lost my gorgeous baby bengal in May after a very short battle with ARVC & heart failure.
      >
      > Well I have been given a wonderful opportunity & a friend has offered my a beautiful baby boy bengal (Mickey) who is 2 years & 7 months. He is fully vacinated, chipped, neutered & in very good health. BUT he has a very slight heart murmur - so slight that it isn't even a grade 1 & not even bad enough to have gone on his vet records.
      >
      > So you can understand my dilemma! I would really appreciate your advice / comments / thoughts please :-)
      >
      > Morven x

    • bubbacat12003
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 27, 2013
        Morven:
        This is a decision only you can make. Having said that, I'll relay what a
        wise friend once told me.

        I've rescued a multitude of cats over the years and along the way I've had
        5 with diabetes, which is probably the most confining of feline maladies
        because you have to be home at rather precise times for glucose testing and
        insulin shots. At one point I was bemoaning the diagnosis of yet another
        diabetic, and in talking with a friend I fretted "Why me?". My friend replied
        with: Why NOT you? Who else knows more about feline diabetes? Who else
        would know how to care for this little soul better than you?

        So Morven I submit to you, who else will care for this baby better than
        you? With all you've learned, who else would be better prepared to care for
        this little one?

        Having said that, it ultimately depends on whether or not you're ready. But
        I believe you are, otherwise you wouldn't be asking the question.

        Best to you, and Mick,
        Jo
        ______________________

        (mailto:morven.doyle@...) > wrote:

        > Hi all,
        >
        > It's Mia's mummy here (you all might remember my devastation after I
        lost my gorgeous baby bengal in May after a very short battle with ARVC &
        heart failure.

        > Well I have been given a wonderful opportunity & a friend has offered my
        a beautiful baby boy bengal (Mickey) who is 2 years & 7 months. He is
        fully vacinated, chipped, neutered & in very good health. BUT he has a very
        slight heart murmur - so slight that it isn't even a grade 1 & not even bad
        enough to have gone on his vet records.

        > So you can understand my dilemma! I would really appreciate your advice
        / comments / thoughts please :-)

        > Morven x

      • Cindi
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 27, 2013
          As always, wise words from Jo. I second all she wrote.

          Cindi missing the touch of Ditto
          There she was, elegant, beautiful, swathed in the shiniest of clinging
          silks, a vision of loveliness in coffee and cream --- a Princess from
          Bangkok, an Oriental Goddess, a Queen on her throne --- a Siamese cat!
          from May Eustace's Cats in Clover

        • Morven Doyle
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 27, 2013
            God bless you all!

            I'm honestly in tears here coz I know already that I want to have him in my life more than anything!

            He has been booked in for an echo on Tuesday (his current mummy has agreed to do this for me as she is a veterinary nurse & gets reduced rates) so I will know either way if it is HCM or something less sinister like a flappy valve (I am praying it is this). I spoke with Mickey's vet this morning who said it is a very VERY slight murmur and in all honesty, he reckons it will not cause problems.

            I've spent all day washing all of Mia's bedding & her wee igloo type house that I had for her in the back garden! I've also been scrubbing & power washing my decking & have treated myself to new garden furniture. I am ready for this little boy & I believe he chose me. My heart melted when I seen a picture of him & I burst into tears. Then when I met him, I just knew we clicked & he liked me just as much as I liked him. I know I can offer him a secure, safe, stress free and loving home and I think my mind is made up already.

            Of course I'll let you all know what happens & I'll email you all some pictures so that you can see what a stunning boy he is (total heart breaker)!

            Lots of love to you all :-)

            Morven x

            On 27 Jul 2013, at 17:35, Cindi <dittykat@...> wrote:

            > As always, wise words from Jo. I second all she wrote.
            >
            > Cindi missing the touch of Ditto
            > There she was, elegant, beautiful, swathed in the shiniest of clinging silks, a vision of loveliness in coffee and cream --- a Princess from Bangkok, an Oriental Goddess, a Queen on her throne --- a Siamese cat!
            > from May Eustace's Cats in Clover
            >

            > On Sat, Jul 27, 2013 at 12:02 PM, BubbaCat1@... wrote:
            >
            >> Morven:
            >> This is a decision only you can make. Having said that, I'll relay what a wise friend once told me.
            >> I've rescued a multitude of cats over the years and along the way I've had 5 with diabetes, which is probably the most confining of feline maladies because you have to be home at rather precise times for glucose testing and insulin shots. At one point I was bemoaning the diagnosis of yet another diabetic, and in talking with a friend I fretted "Why me?". My friend replied with: Why NOT you? Who else knows more about feline diabetes? Who else would know how to care for this little soul better than you? So Morven I submit to you, who else will care for this baby better than you? With all you've learned, who else would be better prepared to care for this little one?
            >> Having said that, it ultimately depends on whether or not you're ready. But I believe you are, otherwise you wouldn't be asking the question.
            >> Best to you, and Mick,
            >> Jo
            >> ______________________
            >> In a message dated 7/27/2013 4:51:38 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time, morven.doyle@... writes:
            >>
            >> Hi all :-)
            >>
            >> I'm struggling somewhat with this decision (below). Has anyone got any thoughts / comments / advice please?
            >>
            >> It would be very gratefully appreciated.
            >> Morven x
            >>
            >> On 26 Jul 2013, at 23:15, "morven_d" <_morven.doyle@..._ (mailto:morven.doyle@...) > wrote:
            >>

            >>> Hi all,
            >>>
            >>> It's Mia's mummy here (you all might remember my devastation after I
            >> lost my gorgeous baby bengal in May after a very short battle with ARVC & heart failure.
            >>>
            >>> Well I have been given a wonderful opportunity & a friend has offered my
            >> a beautiful baby boy bengal (Mickey) who is 2 years & 7 months. He is fully vacinated, chipped, neutered & in very good health. BUT he has a very slight heart murmur - so slight that it isn't even a grade 1 & not even bad enough to have gone on his vet records.
            >>> So you can understand my dilemma! I would really appreciate your advice
            >> / comments / thoughts please :-)
            >>>
            >>> Morven x

          • Westgold
            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 27, 2013
              Yes, he DID choose you. Heart kitties need very special people to take care of them, and he knew you were the right one! Good to get the echo -- then if he needs meds you can start them immediately. This will give him the best chance of a normal life. Most kitties with HCM live good long happy lives -- HCM is not an immediate death sentence.

              Keep us informed on how it's going --