Re: Rhapsody's funeral and burial

  • Jim Sinclair
    Message 1 of 11 , Jul 26, 2013
      We're in the parking lot of the hospital. Kicks, the yellow dog in the
      video shown playing with Rhapsody, rode along on this sad errand. When the
      tech brought out the little cardboard coffin, Kicks knew exactly what's in
      it. I had to close the coffin in a dog crate to make sure Kicks doesn't
      open it while I'm driving home.

      Now home and to let the cats and the other dogs see.

    • Jim Sinclair
      Message 2 of 11 , Jul 26, 2013
        Burial done. Pictures tweeted @JimSinclair8 . Cats finally let me take the
        coffin lid out of the living room.

      • Jim Sinclair
        Message 3 of 11 , Jul 27, 2013
          On Friday I wrote:

          > I plan to pick up the body around 5 and bring it home for a private
          > family "funeral," allowing the other cats and the dogs to examine it
          > so they will understand that Rhapsody is dead and will stop roaming
          > around the house calling for him.

          And it worked. No more yowling since the funeral.

          Jim Sinclair jisincla@...
        • Westgold
          Message 4 of 11 , Jul 28, 2013
            They loved him as much as you did. Our pets are so sensitive. They know when something is going on. You did everything right, Jim -- Rhapsody and Clipsy are together again and waiting for you at the Bridge. Please stay in the group, Jim, you can help so many others with your advice and experience.

            And please open your heart to a new kitty as soon as you can, he will help heal you. People with your special love are few and far between, he will find you -- just be open to him when he appears.

            I would have missed out on my soul-kitty if I hadn't been open. Back in 1988 I had to have a much-loved girl pts. That very night (!) my neighbor's daughter came to my door with this little blue stripey boy she found in the park across the street. If I hadn't taken Pooh in, I would have lost out on so much. That very night he cuddled into my lap like he'd always been with me, and wrapped his little stripey self around my heart -- it was instant love -- and we just grew closer as the years passed. I still miss him everyday. But after he moved up to heaven, I got Tigger --

            > I plan to pick up the body around 5 and bring it home for a private
            > family "funeral," allowing the other cats and the dogs to examine it
            > so they will understand that Rhapsody is dead and will stop roaming
            > around the house calling for him.

            And it worked. No more yowling since the funeral.

            Jim Sinclair jisincla@...

          • marianna.mayer
            Message 5 of 11 , Jul 28, 2013
              A friend wrote to me today requesting a recommendation for a group that deals with our loss after the death of a beloved animal.
              I know Feline-Heart has mentioned at least one such group. Can you or other members give me some recommendations?

              a friend wrote:
              >Its been 1 month tomorrow and
              >I'm still not coping very well. I still expect to see her when I get home or to
              >be sleeping beside me when and if I do sleep. I was wondering if there is
              >another group in this online support system just for moms who have lost their
              >babies? More of a grief and support page?

              TIA

              Marianna

            • karenborga@yahoo.com
              Message 6 of 11 , Jul 28, 2013
                Anyone interested in an on-line chat, my friends at the Association of Pet Loss and Bereavement have moderated chat rooms available 6 days a week.

                Karen, Asst. Host (Sun)
                Moderated on-line chat pet loss/anticipatory support

                Visit http://www.aplb.org for chat room schedule.
                Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile
              • Cindi
                Message 7 of 11 , Jul 28, 2013
                  I am group owner of a group. The link below is to my group. We have
                  additional grief support tools and services listed in the files section
                  of the group as well as offer a candle memorial site with close to 1600
                  candles for member's loved ones that have passed.

                  Cindi missing the touch of Ditto
                  There she was, elegant, beautiful, swathed in the shiniest of clinging
                  silks, a vision of loveliness in coffee and cream --- a Princess from
                  Bangkok, an Oriental Goddess, a Queen on her throne --- a Siamese cat!
                  from May Eustace's Cats in Clover

                  On Sun, Jul 28, 2013 at 3:21 PM, mmayer11@... wrote:

                  > A friend wrote to me today requesting a recommendation for a group
                  > that deals with our loss after the death of a beloved animal.
                  > I know Feline-Heart has mentioned at least one such group. Can you or
                  > other members give me some recommendations?
                  >
                  > a friend wrote:
                  >> Its been 1 month tomorrow and I'm still not coping very well. I still
                  >> expect to see her when I get home or to be sleeping beside me when
                  >> and if I do sleep. I was wondering if there is another group in this
                  >> online support system just for moms who have lost their babies? More
                  >> of a grief and support page?
                  >
                  > TIA
                  >

                  > Marianna

                • Westgold
                  Message 8 of 11 , Jul 28, 2013
                    There are some groups, I used to know them -- I remember http://www.pet-loss.com and http://www.petloss.net --

                    Message 9 of 11 , Jul 28, 2013
                      westgold -

                      You are a member of my group, you just talked about dreams 2 weeks ago
                      on the group. ;-)