Re: [FH] Help seizure experience anyone?

  • Westgold
    Message 1 of 12 , Jul 23, 2013
      Hi -- I'm so sorry to hear about Polar Bear. Unfortunately our kitties are
      very fragile and we never get to keep them as long as we want to. Yes, Pooh
      also told me very clearly when it was time for him to go back to heaven. I
      took him to our kind regular vet when I woke up and found him looking like
      hell. They put us in a room, and Pooh wouldn't let me hold him, so I put
      him on the table and kinda leaned over him to put my arms around him that
      way. As soon as the vet came in he said "shit" -- so he could tell just by
      looking at Pooh that it was time. We talked for a while, and I looked into
      Pooh's eyes -- he said so clearly, please let me go. It was the hardest
      thing I ever had to do.

      You can see my precious Pooh and add your memorials to your kitties at our
      memorial site http://www.AngelKitties.com -- we'd love to see their pictures
      and learn how you met, etc. All kitties are welcome, no matter how long
      they've been in heaven.

      take care -- Michelle in Toronto

      Message 2 of 12 , Jul 23, 2013
        Had this happen to our girl years ago, then nothing again for 5 years.

        You never know.

        Carol

        --- In feline-heart@yahoogroups.com, "plankysmom" <jjehlar@...> wrote:

        > Plankton had three seizures in half an hour today. We took him to vet where he had three more. He is stable, heart beat good, respirations good, lungs clear, fine between seizures, seizures last about twenty to thirty seconds. Is this the end? Vet has no idea why this is happening.

      • rosemairew20
        Message 3 of 12 , Jul 23, 2013
          My cat had seizures as part of his CHF. They were caused by blood clots. My vet had an acronym for them, but it was basically micro clots to the brain. However, the seizures my cat had would last longer then 30 seconds and would often make him tired for the rest of the day. His also happened once every month. It doesn't sound like Plankton's seizures are clot related but you never know. If not already on Plavix to prevent clots it might be worth a try to see if the seizures stop.