Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

Re: [FH] Bailey - RIP 7/24/2013

Expand Messages
  • June Jeffrey
    Dear Kimberley,   I am keeping you both Bailey and you in my thoughts and prayers.   God bless,   June and Daisy  ________________________________ From:
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 22, 2013
    • 0 Attachment
      Dear Kimberley,
       
      I am keeping you both Bailey and you in my thoughts and prayers.
       
      God bless,
       
      June and Daisy 


      ________________________________
      From: mountaineer732 <mountaineer732@...>
      To: feline-heart@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Monday, 22 July 2013, 21:00
      Subject: [FH] Bailey - RIP 7/24/2013

       

      All:
      Please send some prayers for my Bailey. He will be going back to God on Wednesday at 11a.m. ET on July 24th. He had been holding his own despite the progression of his HCM until June when he was diagnosed with Pulmonary Efflusion as part of Congestive Heart Failure. We put him on Enalipril (spelling?) to try to help but it wasn't as effective as we had hoped and in only 3 weeks he went from a mild to a moderate fluid level (July 11). We then increased his Lasix from 5mg at 3 times a day to 25 milligram a day in 2 doses. I took him to his vet to check his kidney and electrolyte values on Thursday (July 19) and his BUN went from normal to a low-high in just a week.

      I had a follow up appt scheduled for 7/29 but this past Friday and Saturday night Bailey had 3 horrible coughing attacks in less than 3 minutes. The one Saturday night had me thinking I was losing him then. He survived them and I called his vet (I am blessed his vet is also an emergency hospital so I can call anytime). I told him I couldn't continue to watch this get worse and I wanted him to pass at home but how could I make him comfortable for me to get this scheduled. We have increased his Lasix again to 10 mg at 3 times a day with an extra 5 mg if he begins to get worse. Last night this worked well as he had 2 small episodes that were both mild and short in duration.

      I called the vet that does in-home euthanasia and we have him scheduled for 7/24 at 11am ET. I could use all the prayers possible for my sweet loyal loving boy. 12 years is not enough but it is all we had.

      The odd thing is that when I talked to the euthanasia vet, she asked if he was isolating or not eating. He is still very present, alive, vocal and eating. He is not withdrawing from life. He is pretty glued to me and i know he is trying to soothe me. But I cannot tax his kidneys and I cannot let his coughing get worse. I want him to go while he is not suffering. If we kept him on his Lasix his kidneys would go (at the higher level) so other than doing a chest tap, I made the decision to hand him back to God.

      I will post a small posting when he has been freed from his physical body. But please know, if I don't reply I have read the posts and send you all my deepest appreciation for your prayers and support. And I wish you all success in fighting this disease and prayers for you and your kitties always.

      Kimberly and soon to be fur-angel Bailey.




      [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
    • marianna.mayer
      God I know how difficult this last decision is. You are very brave. I wish you all the courage needed to carry out your plan for Bailey. I believe arranging
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 22, 2013
      • 0 Attachment
        God I know how difficult this last decision is. You are very brave. I wish you all the courage needed to carry out your plan for Bailey. I believe arranging this with your vet for a home visit is the very best. I have done just that when the fates have not taken the decision out of my hands.
        My thoughts are with you and Bailey tonight and throughout the week.





        Marianna








        [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
      • Debbie Loffredo
        Kimberly, I am so sorry. I am sending prayers for both of you. Debbie and Angel Cat-man ... From: mountaineer732 Sent: Monday,
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 22, 2013
        • 0 Attachment
          Kimberly,
          I am so sorry. I am sending prayers for both of you.

          Debbie and Angel Cat-man

          --------------------------------------------------
          From: "mountaineer732" <mountaineer732@...>
          Sent: Monday, July 22, 2013 4:00 PM
          To: <feline-heart@yahoogroups.com>
          Subject: [FH] Bailey - RIP 7/24/2013

          > All:
          > Please send some prayers for my Bailey. He will be going back to God on
          > Wednesday at 11a.m. ET on July 24th. He had been holding his own despite
          > the progression of his HCM until June when he was diagnosed with Pulmonary
          > Efflusion as part of Congestive Heart Failure. We put him on Enalipril
          > (spelling?) to try to help but it wasn't as effective as we had hoped and
          > in only 3 weeks he went from a mild to a moderate fluid level (July 11).
          > We then increased his Lasix from 5mg at 3 times a day to 25 milligram a
          > day in 2 doses. I took him to his vet to check his kidney and
          > electrolyte values on Thursday (July 19) and his BUN went from normal to a
          > low-high in just a week.
          >
          > I had a follow up appt scheduled for 7/29 but this past Friday and
          > Saturday night Bailey had 3 horrible coughing attacks in less than 3
          > minutes. The one Saturday night had me thinking I was losing him then.
          > He survived them and I called his vet (I am blessed his vet is also an
          > emergency hospital so I can call anytime). I told him I couldn't continue
          > to watch this get worse and I wanted him to pass at home but how could I
          > make him comfortable for me to get this scheduled. We have increased his
          > Lasix again to 10 mg at 3 times a day with an extra 5 mg if he begins to
          > get worse. Last night this worked well as he had 2 small episodes that
          > were both mild and short in duration.
          >
          > I called the vet that does in-home euthanasia and we have him scheduled
          > for 7/24 at 11am ET. I could use all the prayers possible for my sweet
          > loyal loving boy. 12 years is not enough but it is all we had.
          >
          > The odd thing is that when I talked to the euthanasia vet, she asked if he
          > was isolating or not eating. He is still very present, alive, vocal and
          > eating. He is not withdrawing from life. He is pretty glued to me and i
          > know he is trying to soothe me. But I cannot tax his kidneys and I cannot
          > let his coughing get worse. I want him to go while he is not suffering.
          > If we kept him on his Lasix his kidneys would go (at the higher level) so
          > other than doing a chest tap, I made the decision to hand him back to God.
          >
          > I will post a small posting when he has been freed from his physical body.
          > But please know, if I don't reply I have read the posts and send you all
          > my deepest appreciation for your prayers and support. And I wish you all
          > success in fighting this disease and prayers for you and your kitties
          > always.
          >
          > Kimberly and soon to be fur-angel Bailey.
          >
          >
          >
          >
          >
          > ------------------------------------
          >
          > Your reply will go to the author of this message. If you feel your reply
          > will benefit the entire group, please change the "To:" line to
          > feline-heart@yahoogroups.comYahoo! Groups Links
          >
          >
          >
        Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.