RE: [FH] x rays

  • Mary Sue Rubin
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 22, 2013
      I think that is a great solution, assuming the vet is open to it. There
      might be legal issues. I am lucky in that all of my animals are able to be
      x-rayed without sedation, so I've never had to ask if I could be present.
      With echocardiograms, I am encouraged to be present and stroke and talk to
      my cat during the procedure.

      Mary Sue

      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 22, 2013
        I do the same thing. I just put on the "lead dress" and hold my kids myself. It's a much better alternative to either sedation or having my furchild flip out, which has happened.

        Jo

        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 22, 2013
          It certainly can work. I've done it. It really depends on the clinic. I have assisted at 24/7 board certified full service vet hospitals and at small clinic. In any case none of my cats or dogs for that matter have to be sedated whether I assist or not. I would find a clinic that is open to your helping or not sedating regardless.

          Marianna

          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 22, 2013
            You might have to sign that you are doing it at your own risk, but if you
            can find a clinic that would be excellent. I`m sure parents do it for young
            children.