RE: [FH] aorta membrane & slow heart rate

  • Mary Sue Rubin
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 13 9:41 AM
      Zoe,

      I don't know if this is what you are talking about, but check this out
      http://www.scribd.com/doc/36444014/Cardiovascular-Disease-in-Small-Animal-Me
      dicine and look on page 40 under the sub-heading EVALUATION OF INTRATHORACIC
      BLOOD VESSELS where they say that older cats might have a wavy, undulating
      appearance to the thoracic aorta. I think they are talking about x-rays,
      which could mean something very different from what is seen on the echo, or
      maybe not..

      Maybe your cardiologist can consult another veterinary cardiologist or one
      for humans. It would be good to know what it means

      Mary Sue