Fuzz's Brother's Echos

  • Dana McCormick
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 11 1:35 PM
      Well, we get more interesting..Sylvester, Tweety & Ruster had their 1 yr echos today. I had the 3 of them tested (all littermates) after Fuzz was diagnosed HCM a year ago.Tweet diagnosed normal-mild, Ruster was mild & Sylvester was mild-moderate. Ruster & Sylvester are on the Diltiazem/Cardio Strength/CoQ10 cocktail, Tweet was only on CoQ10, as he was borderline. Today Ruster & Sylvester have ALL normal measurements, Tweet remains normal-mild with some measurements elevated. Tweet is the only one not on the cocktail and he is the one not greatly improved. Fantastic news, of course, and I think this really gives some legs to this protocol. Just wanted you all to know.

      Dana & Fuzz

    • Westgold
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 11 2:44 PM
        Great news. It really is worth it to get the siblings tested after a kitty is diagnosed with HCM. Then if something is found, they can be started on the proper meds right away. Will the ones who tested normal be kept on the same meds now?

        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 12 9:57 AM
          Hi,

          Yes, Sylvester & Ruster will remain on the same meds/supplements at least until January's recheck. Tweety started the Diltiazem/Cardio Strength last night.

          Dana

          ________________________________
          Great news.  It really is worth it to get the siblings
          tested after a kitty is diagnosed with HCM.  Then if something is found,
          they can be started on the proper meds right away. Will the ones who tested
          normal be kept on the same meds now?
          >Well, we get more interesting..Sylvester, Tweety & Ruster had their 1 yr echos today. I had the 3 of them tested (all littermates) after Fuzz was diagnosed HCM a year ago.Tweet diagnosed normal-mild, Ruster was mild & Sylvester was mild-moderate. Ruster & Sylvester are on the Diltiazem/Cardio Strength/CoQ10 cocktail, Tweet was only on CoQ10, as he was borderline. Today Ruster & Sylvester have ALL normal measurements, Tweet remains normal-mild with some measurements elevated. Tweet is the only one not on the cocktail and he is the one not greatly improved. Fantastic news, of course, and I think this really gives some legs to this protocol. Just wanted you all to know.
          >
          >Dana & Fuzz
          >
          >[Non-text portions of this
          message have been removed]

        • Westgold
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 12 10:18 AM
            sounds very wise. better to have them on some meds they don't really need than to stop them and have trouble. My Susie sometimes gets a little of Tigger's atenolol, and I asked the vet if it would hurt her. he said absolutely not. Atenolol is a drug that does just the one thing, and there are seldom any side effects. Sounds like you're taking most execllent care of your little boys, Dana.

            Yes, Sylvester & Ruster will remain on the same meds/supplements at least until January's recheck. Tweety started the Diltiazem/Cardio Strength last night.

            Dana

            Great news. It really is worth it to get the siblings
            tested after a kitty is diagnosed with HCM. Then if something is found,
            they can be started on the proper meds right away. Will the ones who tested
            normal be kept on the same meds now?
            >Well, we get more interesting..Sylvester, Tweety & Ruster had their 1 yr echos today. I had the 3 of them tested (all littermates) after Fuzz was diagnosed HCM a year ago.Tweet diagnosed normal-mild, Ruster was mild & Sylvester was mild-moderate. Ruster & Sylvester are on the Diltiazem/Cardio Strength/CoQ10 cocktail, Tweet was only on CoQ10, as he was borderline. Today Ruster & Sylvester have ALL normal measurements, Tweet remains normal-mild with some measurements elevated. Tweet is the only one not on the cocktail and he is the one not greatly improved. Fantastic news, of course, and I think this really gives some legs to this protocol. Just wanted you all to know.
            >
            >Dana & Fuzz
            >
            >[Non-text portions of this
            message have been removed]