RE: [FH] Re: Safe tranquilizer for an HCM kitty?

  • Mary Sue Rubin
    Message 1 of 16 , Jul 8, 2013
      I just received an answer from the company that makes Clipnosis. I had asked
      how long the clip could be left on without restricting blow flow and
      circulation with special concerns for cats with heart disease.

      "There have not been studies performed on cats with heart disease, so we do
      not have exact information. Clips can be left on completely safely for 10
      minutes at a time, with no ill effects at all according to our study. I
      would advise to be careful, and try the clips out for a minute or two at a
      time, and see what the response from the cat is. Additionally, I would
      review this with your vet if there are specific medical concerns."

      Mary Sue