Re: [FH] Re: Safe tranquilizer for an HCM kitty?

  • Westgold
    Message 1 of 16 , Jul 3, 2013
      Please let us know what they say. I'm sure they're safe for a few mins during an examination, but I would never restrict any blood vessels for an extended period of time. Gee, you can make your finger go to sleep by compressing the vessels for just a couple minutes! That can't be good. and it would also cause pain to the kitty. I would never use it, even for an examination. But I know it has a place for feral cats who will not tolerate an exam, etc
      Message 2 of 16 , Jul 8, 2013
        I just received an answer from the company that makes Clipnosis. I had asked
        how long the clip could be left on without restricting blow flow and
        circulation with special concerns for cats with heart disease.

        "There have not been studies performed on cats with heart disease, so we do
        not have exact information. Clips can be left on completely safely for 10
        minutes at a time, with no ill effects at all according to our study. I
        would advise to be careful, and try the clips out for a minute or two at a
        time, and see what the response from the cat is. Additionally, I would
        review this with your vet if there are specific medical concerns."

        Mary Sue