RE: [FH] Re: Safe tranquilizer for an HCM kitty?

  • Mary Sue Rubin
    Message 1 of 16 , Jul 3 12:44 PM
      Good point. I hadn't thought of that. I just wrote to the company to ask
      about research done on that.

      Mary Sue

      Message 2 of 16 , Jul 3 12:51 PM
        Please let us know what they say. I'm sure they're safe for a few mins during an examination, but I would never restrict any blood vessels for an extended period of time. Gee, you can make your finger go to sleep by compressing the vessels for just a couple minutes! That can't be good. and it would also cause pain to the kitty. I would never use it, even for an examination. But I know it has a place for feral cats who will not tolerate an exam, etc

        Message 3 of 16 , Jul 8 8:31 AM
          I just received an answer from the company that makes Clipnosis. I had asked
          how long the clip could be left on without restricting blow flow and
          circulation with special concerns for cats with heart disease.

          "There have not been studies performed on cats with heart disease, so we do
          not have exact information. Clips can be left on completely safely for 10
          minutes at a time, with no ill effects at all according to our study. I
          would advise to be careful, and try the clips out for a minute or two at a
          time, and see what the response from the cat is. Additionally, I would
          review this with your vet if there are specific medical concerns."

          Mary Sue