RE: [FH] Re: Safe tranquilizer for an HCM kitty?

  • Mary Sue Rubin
    Message 1 of 16 , Jul 3, 2013
      Here's something to add to the safe tranquilizer discussion. It's a simple,
      safe, and natural product and technique (no medication involved) that might
      help with the anxiety of car rides and vet visits. My cats do well in the
      car and at vets so I haven't had to use it, but it looks pretty incredible.
      I've seen numerous videos of it being used successfully.

      http://www.clipnosis.com/default.asp

      Mary Sue

        Message 3 of 16 , Jul 3, 2013
          Good point. I hadn't thought of that. I just wrote to the company to ask
          about research done on that.

          Mary Sue

          Hi -- would never use this for more than a couple minutes at a time -- it
          does disrupt blood circulation. I'd be afraid of it causing a clot.

          Here's something to add to the safe tranquilizer discussion. ..
          http://www.clipnosis.com/default.asp

          Mary Sue

        • Westgold
          Message 4 of 16 , Jul 3, 2013
            Please let us know what they say. I'm sure they're safe for a few mins during an examination, but I would never restrict any blood vessels for an extended period of time. Gee, you can make your finger go to sleep by compressing the vessels for just a couple minutes! That can't be good. and it would also cause pain to the kitty. I would never use it, even for an examination. But I know it has a place for feral cats who will not tolerate an exam, etc

            Message 5 of 16 , Jul 8, 2013
              I just received an answer from the company that makes Clipnosis. I had asked
              how long the clip could be left on without restricting blow flow and
              circulation with special concerns for cats with heart disease.

              "There have not been studies performed on cats with heart disease, so we do
              not have exact information. Clips can be left on completely safely for 10
              minutes at a time, with no ill effects at all according to our study. I
              would advise to be careful, and try the clips out for a minute or two at a
              time, and see what the response from the cat is. Additionally, I would
              review this with your vet if there are specific medical concerns."

              Mary Sue