Re: HCM and the other kittens?

  • elfinmyst
    Message 1 of 13 , Jun 28, 2013
      Yes, I have the same situation. Milli and Topsy had heart murmurs heard
      before they were insured, so it was a pre-existing condition. The cats who had
      murmurs after they were insured have been fully covered. Insurance only
      covers anything new, usually starting two weeks after cover starts. Instant
      kitten policies to new owners offer immediate cover but are only available
      for kittens.

    • Diana Fox
      Message 2 of 13 , Jun 28, 2013
        You are correct..ONE echo that is clear does NOT mean the cat will not develop HCM...my breeding boy-a Maine Coon-was echoed 5 times and clear every time..also DNA typed negative, but at age 6 scan he showed borderline/mild signs of HCM and at the next scan(less than a year later) he was classified severe HCM. This disease is horrible and heart-breaking
        Diana-retired breeder- Alopeke Cattery in N. Carolina