RE: [FH] Pleural effusion -coughing?

  • Cindi
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 25, 2013
      What is your cat's albumin?

      I cannot address from a feline aspect but can from a human one. My Mom
      was dehydrated yet had pleural effusion due to hypoalbuminemia (low
      albumin) secondary to poor nutrition during chemo. She did have heart
      disease included by chemo as a side note. She was given protein
      supplements, her albumin came within normal range over a few weeks and
      the pleural effusion was corrected. I was in the room when they did
      several taps plus finally inserted drainage tubes for the fluid to drain
      since it keep reoccurring until her abumin was in the normal range.

      I hope this helps. If you Google Hypoalbuminemia as a cause of pleural
      effusions more information is available.

      Cindi missing the touch of Ditto
      There she was, elegant, beautiful, swathed in the shiniest of clinging
      silks, a vision of loveliness in coffee and cream --- a Princess from
      Bangkok, an Oriental Goddess, a Queen on her throne --- a Siamese cat!
      from May Eustace's Cats in Clover