Josh and Any Ideas?

  • elfinmyst
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 24, 2013
      Hi,

      Josh is 16 and has HCM and a lot of other issues. His kidneys are not in
      the best state, he has hyperthyroid , arthiritis, bleeding from the bowel. We
      are balancing the lot. He has fortekor 5mg, frucimide 5mg twice daily,
      spiro 6mg, felimasole, pet dophilus powder, CoQ 30mg and prednisolone 5mg
      twice a day.

      Yes, I know pred is bad for HCM but it is the only thing keeping the bowel
      bleeding under control. He is far too sick for anaesthetic to look for a
      lymphoma but this morning they got xrays without sedation. His breathing rate
      is very fast but there is no fluid and no masses on his lungs. He is not
      in heart failure.

      The vet is reducing the prednisolone to once a day and adding an appetite
      stimulant if needed although he has been gaining a little weight. His
      bleeding was under control but started again at the weekend so we will try
      antibiotics 2 week course.

      Is there anything else I can do? He goes outside, to the tray, purrs and
      sleeps on our knees. Quality of life is good.