Low respirtory rate but hearing fluid.

  • rosemairew20
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 22, 2013
      So Baxter and I are still battling fluid building in his lungs. It just isn't going down but he's more and more dehydrated. His respirory rate has been great, 24, 21 and 19 yesterday. Today its been good too.

      But Baxter just had a straining bowel movement and after sat down to rest. RR issue 25 but he's got some major crackling going on.

      Has anyone expirenced an issue where the RR is good but still hearing the fluid?
      Also has anyone had issues were the fluid is just not going down with increased meds but issues with dehydration are a concern?
    • elfinmyst
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 23, 2013
        Hi

        I`d ring the cardiologist tomorrow and ask about this. If the respiratory
        rate is good, she isn't in distress, but crackles on the chest aren't good.
        It might be worth asking the vet to listen as I took Trixi for crackles and
        they were coming from her upper respiratory and she had an infection and
        that's waht I was hearing. But I`d definitely ask the vet to listen and be
        sure, they may need to add spiro.