Jessie has infective endocarditis

  • jenzcritters
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 22, 2013
      Hi Everyone,
      My beloved 20 yo DSH Jessie is struggling to survive in the Intensive Care Unit. After quite a few medical errors, she has been diagnosed with an infection on the aortic valve of her heart. Please pray for her.
      Has anyone had a cat survive this? I am so heartbroken. I love this cat so much. She is one of those very special ones...
      Jenny
    • elfinmyst
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 23, 2013
        Hi Jenny

        I am sorry about Jessie. I've never had a cat with that but my husband had
        it 20 years ago. It was antibiotics and bed rest for him, but I`ve no idea
        with cats. Prayers on their way. Please look up endocarditis in cats, it's
        a very very rare condition. Antibiotics and drugs to help the heart are
        needed which she will be getting.