Appetite stimulant not affecting heart?

  • scubabublz
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 3, 2002
      My Tawny has CRF, mild anemia, and asthma. When she was on a
      bronchial dialator, Theodur, she had a very rapid heart rate and
      heart murmur. When we took her off of it, her heart rate went down
      and the murmur nearly disappeared. She is not eating well now and I
      want to stimulate her appetite but don't want to risk heart damage. I
      am not sure if she even has a heart problem or if it was just the
      theodur. I have some cypro, but am afraid to use it on her after what
      I read on this board. Currently she is on fluids 2X a week,
      prednisilone for the asthma, pecid a/c and a bit of iron. Any
      suggestions?

      Thanks!

      Kailey, Tawny and Angel Dusty
    • Susan
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 3, 2002
        --- scubabublz <kailey11@...> wrote:

        I would put AD on my finger and stick it in the corner
        of her mouth before I would use Cypro. My cat did have
        undiagnosed cardiomyopathy before receiving the 1 dose
        that sent him into a rapidly downward spiral, but as
        the emergency vet said about heart meds, "there is no
        taking them back".

        Susan

        http://auctions.yahoo.com