Re: [FH] Sweet Baboo

  • Gayle
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 2, 2002
      Yes, Jonathan,

      Unfortunately you are very correct--when cats don't eat, they have a good
      chance of developing fatty liver disease, which is very bad. I think if
      Baboo were otherwise healthy enough, most vets would recommend insertion of
      a feeding tube at this point.

      My thoughts are very much with Kathy and Baboo.

      Gayle
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 3, 2002
        Is there any information about feeding tubes? Mittens does eat, and
        sometimes quite good, but other times he is so picky, and doesn't eat much.
        Plus, he should have healthy food, and all he will eat in junk.

        Linda

        > Unfortunately you are very correct--when cats don't eat, they have a good
        > chance of developing fatty liver disease, which is very bad. I think if
        > Baboo were otherwise healthy enough, most vets would recommend insertion
        of
        > a feeding tube at this point.
        >
        > My thoughts are very much with Kathy and Baboo.
        >
        > Gayle
      • Gayle
        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 3, 2002
          Hi,

          I searched Google for "feline feeding tubes" and found quite a bit of info
          not only on that topic but fatty liver disease. The link below has info, as
          do many other sites found.
          http://www.lbah.com/Feline/ftube.htm

          I was very close to having to have this done for my cat who was going
          through a pancreatitis attack, but fortunately, she started eating.

          Hope this helps!

          Gayle
          > Is there any information about feeding tubes? Mittens does eat, and
          > sometimes quite good, but other times he is so picky, and doesn't eat
          much.
          > Plus, he should have healthy food, and all he will eat in junk.
          >
          > Linda

        • Bill & Linda Fischbach
          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 3, 2002
            Thanks so much, Gayle.