Re: Bailey update - not good. I apologize in advance for this super long post

  • keycmv
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 19, 2013
      Kimberly and Bailey -

      The lines below are truly the heart and soul of what we need to learn from this journey. We must value our journey as clearly as our cats have valued theirs.

      Carol

      --- In feline-heart@yahoogroups.com, "ishkarah" <irescuerotts@...> wrote:

      Accept and love your kitties while you have them. Do not apologize if you cancel plans to be with them. Record them doing funny things or their voice, take photos, write down things they did and lessons that they and their illness have taught you -- both the good and the painful. Cry and accept yourself and your heartbreak for you have earned it. But bask in the sunlight of their love. Be gentle to yourselves and realize that you are doing what you can do. Do not judge if you cannot afford something. You were given this kitty for a reason - to love, to accept, and to do the best you can for it. You have done your best and that is a damn site better than many would do for their human children let alone their furkids. Have hope but realize the best you can do it give them a good quality of life for as long as you can.
      In that space, however long or short, love fully and without regret.
    • Debbie Loffredo
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 19, 2013
        Thank you Kimberly (and Bailey) for such a beautiful post. Your words were
        very timely as I wrestle with a hole in my heart. I found some comfort
        there. As I want to beat myself up for the "what if I had____". I will
        write details soon. Prayers for you Kimberly and Bailey.

        Debbie