Re: [FH] Sweet Baboo

  • Gayle
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 2, 2002
      Hi Kathy,

      Poor fella (and you). Have you tried unsalted canned tuna juice poured over
      his food? Even try to get him to eat some tuna--he needs to get something
      in his system right now.

      Good luck to you.

      Gayle
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 2, 2002
        Yes, Jonathan,

        Unfortunately you are very correct--when cats don't eat, they have a good
        chance of developing fatty liver disease, which is very bad. I think if
        Baboo were otherwise healthy enough, most vets would recommend insertion of
        a feeding tube at this point.

        My thoughts are very much with Kathy and Baboo.

        Gayle
        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 3, 2002
          Is there any information about feeding tubes? Mittens does eat, and
          sometimes quite good, but other times he is so picky, and doesn't eat much.
          Plus, he should have healthy food, and all he will eat in junk.

          Linda

          > Unfortunately you are very correct--when cats don't eat, they have a good
          > chance of developing fatty liver disease, which is very bad. I think if
          > Baboo were otherwise healthy enough, most vets would recommend insertion
          of
          > a feeding tube at this point.
          >
          > My thoughts are very much with Kathy and Baboo.
          >
          > Gayle
        • Gayle
          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 3, 2002
            Hi,

            I searched Google for "feline feeding tubes" and found quite a bit of info
            not only on that topic but fatty liver disease. The link below has info, as
            do many other sites found.
            http://www.lbah.com/Feline/ftube.htm

            I was very close to having to have this done for my cat who was going
            through a pancreatitis attack, but fortunately, she started eating.

            Hope this helps!

            Gayle
            > Is there any information about feeding tubes? Mittens does eat, and
            > sometimes quite good, but other times he is so picky, and doesn't eat
            much.
            > Plus, he should have healthy food, and all he will eat in junk.
            >
            > Linda

          • Bill & Linda Fischbach
            Message 5 of 9 , Feb 3, 2002
              Thanks so much, Gayle.