Re: My cat is suffering from saddle thrombus and is refusing to eat

  • rosemairew20
    Message 1 of 22 , Jun 15, 2013
      Did the vet not also put him on Heparin? You should talk to them about it.

      When my cat had saddle thrombus everyone said euthanize. But my vet did a old school treatment of DMSO and saline injected in to each hind leg artery. He had blood flow back in a few days and we did a second treatment 3 days later. It took 2 months for him to walk normally. But I bought a brace to help him walk from ortho vet. But if it wasn't for the DMSO treatment my Baxter wouldn't have made it. I have to treat him once every 2 months because he keeps getting clots. I can't give Plavix because it makes him ill and throw up.

      I really hope your baby gets better, but have patience and understand that the nerve damage can take 6 weeks to heal.