RE: [FH] My cat is suffering from saddle thrombus and is refusing to eat

  • Judi Levens
    Message 1 of 22 , Jun 14, 2013
      only you can tell, but your cat must be in extreme discomfort/pain. Perhaps you should consider giving him/her the extreme gift of relief...I am so sorry to say this, but surely it is on your mind...you've cared for him all this time...now set him free unless there is a really good prognosis for recovery...hugs...Judi and Angel Max

      Casa Obelisco
      Top 10 Most Romantic Bed and Breakfast's Worldwide
      ForbesTraveller.com, Feb. 2009

      #1 Most Romantic International B & B 2010: Pamel Lanier

      To: brengibb@...; feline-heart@yahoogroups.com
      From: carolroar@...
      Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2013 22:40:54 -0400
      Subject: Fwd: [FH] My cat is suffering from saddle thrombus and is refusing to eat

      I think you should forward this to the group so others can help you with some answers.

      If it was my cat, and suffered a saddle thrombosis, I'd take him to the ER vet and get him on meds right away. But please send this to the group to others can offer their ideas. Here's the address. feline-heart@yahoogroups.com,

      Carol

      Message 2 of 22 , Jun 15, 2013
        I'm confused. Has this kitty been to the vet? I agree with Carol. A saddle
        thrombosis is an emergency situation and kitty needs to be admitted for
        meds to dissolve the clot.

        Jo
        ______________________________

        In a message dated 6/14/2013 10:41:08 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
        carolroar@... writes:

        I think you should forward this to the group so others can help you with
        some answers.

        If it was my cat, and suffered a saddle thrombosis, I'd take him to the ER
        vet and get him on meds right away. But please send this to the group to
        others can offer their ideas. Here's the address.
        _feline-heart@yahoogroups.com_ (mailto:feline-heart@yahoogroups.com) ,

        Carol

        Message 3 of 22 , Jun 15, 2013
          You said he had been diagnosed with saddle thrombosis..... didn't whoever diagnosed him also prescribe some treatment? My own personal opinion is that you need  to get him to the ER right away.

        • Wendy Solem
          Message 4 of 22 , Jun 15, 2013
            Not sure who the original post is from, so I'll respond via the entire group.

            Saddle thrombosis is painful and life threatening,  ER help should be seeked quickly!!

            Please have him/her seen by a Dr soon so there is no suffering and any clot that can be dissolved IS dissolved.

            My Tino had this and was in terrific pain (for no more than 1/2 hour it took to get him to hospital)
            please don't wait OK?

            Hate to sound "preachy" but it was the final end for my Tino and I'd hate for that to happen to you!
            Best wishes,
            Wendy

            ________________________________
            You said he had been diagnosed with saddle thrombosis..... didn't whoever diagnosed him also prescribe some treatment? My own personal opinion is that you need  to get him to the ER right away.

          • Cindi
            Message 5 of 22 , Jun 15, 2013
              Here is some information.

              http://www.veterinarypartner.com/Content.plx?P=A&C=189&A=3351&S=2&EVetID=3001459

              Cindi missing the touch of Ditto
              There she was, elegant, beautiful, swathed in the shiniest of clinging
              silks, a vision of loveliness in coffee and cream --- a Princess from
              Bangkok, an Oriental Goddess, a Queen on her throne --- a Siamese cat!
              from May Eustace's Cats in Clover
            • rosemairew20
              Message 6 of 22 , Jun 15, 2013
                Did the vet not also put him on Heparin? You should talk to them about it.

                When my cat had saddle thrombus everyone said euthanize. But my vet did a old school treatment of DMSO and saline injected in to each hind leg artery. He had blood flow back in a few days and we did a second treatment 3 days later. It took 2 months for him to walk normally. But I bought a brace to help him walk from ortho vet. But if it wasn't for the DMSO treatment my Baxter wouldn't have made it. I have to treat him once every 2 months because he keeps getting clots. I can't give Plavix because it makes him ill and throw up.

                I really hope your baby gets better, but have patience and understand that the nerve damage can take 6 weeks to heal.