Re: [feline-heart] long term antibiotics stripown bacteria?

  • SteveMahanes@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 1, 2000
      Patti,
      If your kitty likes milk (
      and I've NEVER seen one that doesn't ) try giving her a little acidopholus
      milk. It contains the enzymes and correct bacteria to replace most of those
      killed by the antibiotic. IF your kitty can't tolerate milk, acidopholus is
      available in a powder form at all health food stores. We always given our
      guy(s) this and whenever they've had to take the antibiotics, they NEVER had
      a problem . Good Luck !!!

      Huggs, Purrs, and <<<<<< WHITE LIGHT >>>>>>>>>>

      Steve, Robin, Calvin and Angels Hobbes and Tarbaby
    • Melissa
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 3, 2000
        Patti,

        I can't remember the name of it, but my vet gave us a tube of an
        acidophilus-type of oral cream we had to put into a needleless syringe and
        inject orally when one of our cats was having diarrhea and on prolonged
        antibiotics. It's definitely a vet medication, so see if your vet carries
        this.

        Melissa, Popcorn & Midnight

        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 8, 2000
          yes, you can buy megadophilus in powder form at a health food store and sprinkle it on her favorite canned tuna or other food. It's great.

          Good luck!