Re: [FH] Re: Brush recommendations

  • bubbacat12003
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 6, 2013
      Or a mat splitter, aka mat comb. Works OK as long as the mats aren't tight against the skin. It looks like a comb, but the upside of the teeth is sharp so will cut thru the mat as you wiggle in up.

      Jo

      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 7, 2013
        Use s double sided greyhound comb for mats. Coarse on one side and medium on the other. The 6 inch works the best but they are getting harder to find. For mats on back legs and armpits, I use a fine tooth with a handle. They pull out the mats but if they are next to the skin, it will hurt. Best to shave those out yourself. You can get these combs online from a lot of the mail order pet supplies. I got mine at Pet Edge but they only carry the 7 1/2 inch now and the handled one is medium only. Brushes never get out the tough mats.

        Valerie

        Sent from my iPad