Re: Baxter, not doing well tonight.

  • rosemariewentz@hotmail.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 6, 2013
      I email ed the cardiologist and my regular vet. It was midnight when my
      regular vet got back to me. I did give an extra 1/2 dose of lasix last night
      and this morning. He is already on spire 6.25mg twice a day.

      His not as crackly as he was lasts night but still ranging between 45 and 55
      bpm.

      The next nearest emergency vet is over 30 miles away and it would take over
      an hr to get there. With baxter freaking out on car rides it would do more
      damage them good to take him to anER ER.

      Im going to talk to my regular vet and see about getting some injectable
      lasix today and see what the cardiologies says.

      Connected by DROID on Verizon Wireless

    • rosemairew20
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 6, 2013
        So baxter is a tiny bit better today. He's down to 37the and 39I breaths a minute. But he still does not feel well. Probably kidney related.

        So the kidney diagnoses is new , I need to look into it and see what others have experienced and what I can do to help him feel better again.

        He's drank a little water an eaten a bit of food but not much. I gave a higher dose of lasix with his PM meds to help with the fluid in the lungs.

        Thank you for all your prayers and support. Please let me know if you have any suggestions for what I can do to make Baxter feel better or at least more comfortable.

        Thanks,
        rose and Baxter