Re: [FH] New Rhapsody video: Sleep, seizure, or what?

  • Westgold
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 4, 2013
      Hi Jim -- I can understand your concern, he certainly does look "out of it". What concerns ms is that he didn't give a normal reaction to the tickle under the chin -- most cats assume that will mean scritches are coming, and he will press into your hand. My soul-kitty developed a brain tumor, and we found out about it when he had several serious big seizures. He was put on meds which stopped those -- but he continued to have little times when he was "out of it". Sometimes I would look his way and he would be standing stone-still and rigid, a glazed look in his eyes. But as soon as I called his name or touched him, he snapped out of that and was fine. I never saw him fall over or anything like that. But what Rhapsody is doing in that video is not what happened to Pooh. I'm anxious to hear what some vets have to say about that video.

      BTW, we haven't been able to really see some of your videos clearly because they are so dark -- black cat in a coal mine, you know? This one was better than most, but we're hoping you can bring in some more lights in future ones --?

      But he's eating and seems to still have a very good quality of life -- and that is what matters most.