CoQ10 overdose?

  • Anthony
    Message 1 of 5 , May 25 6:58 PM
      I accidently gave our cat a second dose of liquid CoQ10 today. He should get 50mg but got 100mg instead. He got 50mg in the am and 50mg in the pm (12 hours apart). He usually ONLY gets 50mg in the am (liquid form of us is .5ml). His other meds include: [1] Plavix (1/4 tablet of 75mg once a day), [2] Enalapril (1/2 tablet of 2.5mg once a day), [3] Spironolactone (1/4 tablet of 25mg twice daily), and [4] Furosemide (1/2 tablet of 12.5mg). He is also on methimazole for his hyperthyroidism (.07ml twice daily).

      Should I be worried about an overdose? Has this happened to you in the past? I plan on skipping his am dose tomorrow (when he usually gets it) and switch to pm.

      I appreciate your thoughts.
    • Carol
      Message 2 of 5 , May 25 9:32 PM
        100mg of CoQ10 is not toxic at all. I give my Puddy 100mg twice a day. From everything I've read about coQ10, you almost cannot overdose on it.

        Carol

        I accidently gave our cat a second dose of liquid CoQ10 today. He should get 50mg but got 100mg instead. He got 50mg in the am and 50mg in the pm (12 hours apart). He usually ONLY gets 50mg in the am (liquid form of us is .5ml). His other meds include: [1] Plavix (1/4 tablet of 75mg once a day), [2] Enalapril (1/2 tablet of 2.5mg once a day), [3] Spironolactone (1/4 tablet of 25mg twice daily), and [4] Furosemide (1/2 tablet of 12.5mg). He is also on methimazole for his hyperthyroidism (.07ml twice daily).

        Should I be worried about an overdose? Has this happened to you in the past? I plan on skipping his am dose tomorrow (when he usually gets it) and switch to pm.

        I appreciate your thoughts.

      • marianna.mayer
        Message 3 of 5 , May 25 9:48 PM
          I agree...too much is not a problem, so long as we are sure nothing else is added to the mix...CoQ 10 is fairly benign all by itself.

          Marianna

[...]

        • adawson515
          Message 4 of 5 , May 25 9:55 PM
            My vet prescribed 75mg for my cat. Said I could give the 100mg dose since it was easier to find. He told me what wasn't used would just be discarded in the urine.

            Annette

            I accidently gave our cat a second dose of liquid CoQ10 today. He should get 50mg but got 100mg instead. He got 50mg in the am and 50mg in the pm (12 hours apart). He usually ONLY gets 50mg in the am (liquid form of us is .5ml). His other meds include: [1] Plavix (1/4 tablet of 75mg once a day), [2] Enalapril (1/2 tablet of 2.5mg once a day), [3] Spironolactone (1/4 tablet of 25mg twice daily), and [4] Furosemide (1/2 tablet of 12.5mg). He is also on methimazole for his hyperthyroidism (.07ml twice daily).

            Should I be worried about an overdose? Has this happened to you in the past? I plan on skipping his am dose tomorrow (when he usually gets it) and switch to pm.

            I appreciate your thoughts.

          • Anthony GuerreroSoto
            Message 5 of 5 , May 25 10:25 PM
              Thanks to all that replied. I really appreciate it.

              The McGrath-GuerreroSoto Family

              Sent from my iPhone