Rhapsody's play behavior

  • Jim Sinclair
    Message 1 of 1 , May 23 5:33 PM
      Rhapsody has been on 7.5 mg of prednisolone a day for ten days now. On
      Monday, after 14 days on this dose, he's to go down to 5 mg/day, and
      then on Wednesday he has a follow-up appointment with the neurologist.
      He's also been on Flovent for a month, at one puff twice daily.

      He hasn't had any more of those episodes of severe ataxia and
      open-mouth breathing and white gums since April 18-19, more than a
      month ago now. He's still keeping his eyes closed a lot and often has
      his tongue protruding. And I've noticed something in uploading cute
      videos of him. Check these out:

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqlUbQ7APt4
      Recorded last year when Rhapsody was just about a year old. This was
      when we went to an Autistic Self Advocacy Network program. I had left
      Rhapsody alone in a hotel room while I went to the conference for the
      day. When I came back to the room in the evening, Rhapsody
      demonstrated his feelings about my return.

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vf4G7wZB7aI
      Recorded last month.

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbIUIY97KV4
      Recorded last week.

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pgmzb9wuClY
      and
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WW59X2Jps8
      Recorded earlier this week.

      Each video taken individually just shows a cute cat. Taken together,
      I'm wondering about what looks like a limited repertoire of play
      behaviors: roll over and wave paws around. No stalking, pouncing, or
      chasing, and only limited batting (while lying down) in the "new toy"
      video. Any thoughts about that? I do plan to show these videos to the
      neurologist.

      Jim Sinclair jisincla@...