page 55 of this study the aging heart

  • r
    Message 1 of 1 , May 22, 2013
      A listmate on crf suggested this article, page 55, called 'feeding the aging heart'. I can't quickly find it in the links or database of this list so I'm mentioning it here in case anyone has not seen it.

      It was useful to me, and confirms everything people have suggested on our list here. Talks about diet and supplements such as omega 3, taurine, coq10, l carnitine, b vitamins. It also talks about how some cardiac meds; lasix, ace inhibitors, spirolactolone, etc can effect the system over time and how to supplement to avoid unnecessary mal effect on heart function. It talks about dogs but has quite a bit about cats as well.

      I guess we just have to ignore the title in the link about 'breeding better dogs'. I don't know where that came from.

      Anyway, it's I think from doctors at Tufts Vetrinary. It's not that long and again, page 55 of the document.

      http://breedingbetterdogs.com/pdfFiles/articles/CAN2010_updated.pdf

      -Lee and Miss May (who didn't read it but trusts my judgement)