New to this group

  • zoeytheragdoll
    Message 1 of 7 , May 21, 2013
      The first time the doctor heard a heart murmur in Zoey was May of last year. Before she was sedated to get her teeth cleaned was when the doctor heard the murmur. I really didn't think anything of it since a different doctor heard her heart the same month and didn't hear the murmur. And every time since then they didn't hear it until today. Did the doctors hear it and didn't tell me? I'm feeling so overwhelmed having her diagnosed with megacolon on April 1st of this year plus this heart murmur. I'm trying to think positive thoughts so Zoey won't feel my stress, but I'm emotionally and mentally tired. I just hope that it's not too late to treat this issue. I can't imagine not even one day without her.
    • Westgold
      Message 2 of 7 , May 21, 2013
        Hi ---- murmurs can come and go, but a kitty does not have to have a murmur to have heart disease. You need to take her to a cardiologist so he can do an echocardiogram, this is the ONLY way to know if she has a problem. Once he can ascertain the heart's exact status, then he can give you the proper meds if needed. Please let us know what happens when you see the cardiologit, we will help you any way we can.

        Message 3 of 7 , May 22, 2013
          Yes, I agree. You must get the ultrasound done to diagnose heart disease.
          There are different forms need different treatments. The cardiologist takes
          a scan of the heart and sees exactly what is happening and then starts
          treatment. Please book an appointment urgently.