Re: New to group - Questions about Tiger and I'm posting his latest blood test

  • elfinmyst
    Message 1 of 2 , May 17, 2013
      Hi Greg

      There is a lot you can do to help tiger. All of those supplements are fine
      and are food supplements and won't affect his medications. The carnitine,
      taurine and CoQ are all available in the Vetriscience cardiostrength that
      mine took safely for years.

      Sneezing can have a number of causes. Does he have runny eyes as well and
      what colour is the snot? If green it means bacterial and he needs
      antibiotics, if clear it may be viral. If it continues, I would get his upper teeth
      checked as dental disease can cause sneezing as can something like a grass
      seed stuck in the nose.

      Hyperthyroid can cause secondary HCM so its good that is under control.

      If there eis any wheezing in his chest then get him to the vet straight
      away as infections reaching the lungs are more serious. Count his breaths and
      learn what is normal at rest. Should be between 15 and 25ish per minute.
      Over 30 caution, over 40 emergency. learn what looks and is normal for Tiger
      then you cna see changes quickly.

      I know I keep repeating this advice but Maxi last week had no increase in
      breaths, no symptoms but a change in his breathing, he was drawing his ribs
      in. A red flag, we took him to the cardiologist and he's had a heart
      attack. It's SO important we know what is normal in number of breaths and how
      they look to pick up changes quickly.

      :) Lyn