Re: Curious, What Do You Feed Your Kitty?

  • r schu
    Message 1 of 4 , May 15, 2013
      I've been making food for May for over a decade; chicken thighs, maybe egg white, rice, corn, squash, zuchinni, maybe peas, calcium carbonate, taurine, pinch of psylium. All slow boiled then blended. I supplement b12 methylcobalamin, fish oil. She also gets limited amounts of renal kibble (crf), and bits of my eggs, toast, pasta, blueberry muffins etc and whole foods turkey as she asks for it.

      When she was diagnosed with crf I changed the homemade recipe. I haven't done anything different since her hcm diagnosis, perhaps I added more taurine.

      -Lee and May

      Curious, What Do You Feed Your Kitty?
      Tue May 14, 2013 4:07 pm (PDT) . Posted by:
      "f1yanks" f1yanks
      Just wondering what folks here feed their HCM cats? I know some kitties are strictly dry kibble, they would rather starve than eat anything else.
      Others will enjoy both dry & wet foods. Some are probably on a prescription diet while others are doing ok with commercial foods.
      I'm just trying to find the right food for my girl who absolutely prefers dry food yet seems to do lousy on a corn based kibble. And I think we all know which brand that one is ;)
      Thanks for the opinions