Curious, What Do You Feed Your Kitty?

  • f1yanks
    Message 1 of 4 , May 14, 2013
      Just wondering what folks here feed their HCM cats? I know some kitties are strictly dry kibble, they would rather starve than eat anything else.
      Others will enjoy both dry & wet foods. Some are probably on a prescription diet while others are doing ok with commercial foods.
      I'm just trying to find the right food for my girl who absolutely prefers dry food yet seems to do lousy on a corn based kibble. And I think we all know which brand that one is ;)
      Thanks for the opinions
    • marianna.mayer
      Message 2 of 4 , May 14, 2013
        I feed a home prepared diet to both my cats and my dogs...been doing this for many decades. The cat diet is slightly different than the canine, b/c felines require different things. No commercial food of any kind for them ever.

        Marianna

        Message 3 of 4 , May 15, 2013
          Hi

          You'll get all sorts of answers, some swear by raw and others by wet
          commercial. I have 16 cats and we use Royal Canin of various types, and I go
          through 30kg a month. My elderly boy has Sheba and won't touch anything else
          but the others love Royal Canin. They also get fresh chicken and treats.

        • r schu
          Message 4 of 4 , May 15, 2013
            I've been making food for May for over a decade; chicken thighs, maybe egg white, rice, corn, squash, zuchinni, maybe peas, calcium carbonate, taurine, pinch of psylium. All slow boiled then blended. I supplement b12 methylcobalamin, fish oil. She also gets limited amounts of renal kibble (crf), and bits of my eggs, toast, pasta, blueberry muffins etc and whole foods turkey as she asks for it.

            When she was diagnosed with crf I changed the homemade recipe. I haven't done anything different since her hcm diagnosis, perhaps I added more taurine.

            -Lee and May

            Curious, What Do You Feed Your Kitty?
            Tue May 14, 2013 4:07 pm (PDT) . Posted by:
            "f1yanks" f1yanks