May- arhytmia

  • r schu
    Message 1 of 1 , May 13 3:42 PM
      Hi and purrs to all,

      May: 21yr young tabby, sassy lovable girl, crf 9/09, hcm last summer, balancing kidney/heart, homemade food, some renal kibble, ondansetron, zantac, b12, fish oil, azodyl, 3mg lasix, 1.25 benazepril, 18mg plavix, 50cc lrs.

      May has been doing quite well. She's been eating a good bit, and seems pretty happy. Holding steady at ~9.5 lbs.

      As of last night her heart beat has been very strange, lub da dub dub, lub da dub dub, and it changes, I can't count it. It got regular before bed, 172, then again this morning til now, irregular. Not super fast I don't think. She seems okay, but tired.

      LAST NIGHT: she seemed distressed, had that 'shiver thing' going on, and around 830 breathing was 44, hr 200, then 194. I skipped fluids (25cc).

      She got up, peed, and seemed okay, ate a little. Came to bed, purred, respiration 28, hr 172, after it got more regular. But still some gallop/irregular.

      She ate normal overnight, 81ml!, and this morning resp while sleeping 30, 28, 28, 25, 24, but once she awoke and I could use stethoscope I got this super irregular rhythm.

      I gave her the 25c this morning when she got up, am keeping up the normal routine, though letting her rest and not forcing food. Only thing I did different last evening was to give zantac as I'd stopped the pm dose for about 10 days, thinking enough was circulating. But that shouldn't effect heart, right?

      I haven't taken heart rate in weeks because she's seemed fine. So...What should we do? I wrote to our cardiologist this morning and left a message to check his email, and haven't heard back.

      Thank you, anyone have any ideas?

      -Lee and May