Re: Rhapsody after first dose of prednisolone

  • Lynda
    Message 1 of 12 , May 12, 2013
      Jim, Martha, with HCM and also diabetic, cannot have pred. We are giving her Budesonide, which acts primarily on the gut instead of systemically. You might want to ask your vet about that. We have had good success with it, although it does raise her blood sugar a bit.

    • Jim Sinclair
      Message 2 of 12 , May 12, 2013
        On Sun, May 12, 2013 at 11:20 AM, Lynda <ibdcat@...> wrote:

        > Jim, Martha, with HCM and also diabetic, cannot have pred. We are giving
        > her Budesonide, which acts primarily on the gut instead of systemically.

        Why is Martha taking it? Does she have IBD? (I'm guessing she does as
        I've just noticed the email address you're posting from.) Rhapsody
        doesn't have any apparent GI problems. If Budesonide acts primarily on
        the gut, would that help a cat with lung and suspected brain
        inflammation?

        Jim Sinclair jisincla@...
      • Lynda
        Message 3 of 12 , May 13, 2013
          Jim, yes, I don't have an answer to your question. I never thought about it, since Martha has IBD. Maybe some others on here will chime in with an answer, and be sure to ask your vet. I do hope you get a satisfactory answer soon.

          <<<Why is Martha taking it? Does she have IBD? (I'm guessing she does as

          I've just noticed the email address you're posting from.) Rhapsody

          doesn't have any apparent GI problems. If Budesonide acts primarily on

          the gut, would that help a cat with lung and suspected brain

          inflammation?>>>>~~~~~~~~~~~~
          Blessings,Lynda, Martha, Morelli and Angel C.B.