Re: Question: What is resting heart rate please?

  • r schu
    Message 1 of 4 , May 12, 2013
      May's resting heart rate goes as low as 136 but is usually around 156 to 164. Our cardiologist said not to worry, that is her rate, and if over 180 then worry.

      I got a stethoscope, pediatric, and it works really well.

      -Lee and May

      Re: Question: What is resting heart rate please?
      Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:01 pm (PDT) . Posted by:
      "Carol" carolroars

      hi Kendall,

      A resting heart rate can be anywhere from 120 to 140 beats per minute. I know on different sites they state that a cat's heart rate is "normal" up to as high as 200, but that's just not true. I work for a veterinarian, and she always tells me anything up to about 140 is okay, higher than that is considered high. Misty's is around 160 and it's too high. Her's also goes up to 200 a lot and it's very scarey. Misty has tachycardia, has had for years, and her heart rate is always high and her beats aren't normal. She has an irregular heart beat along with it being rapid.

      Anyway... I go by the 120 to 140 numbers for Misty.

      Carol