Re: [FH] Re: Rhapsody after first dose of prednisolone

  • marianna.mayer
    Message 1 of 12 , May 11, 2013
      yes, I re-read your post after I mentioned my concern.
      It's just that...I'm super sensitive to this issue... I lost a beloved cat [she was not a senior] to *1* single dosing of pred...she was supposedly without heart problems...yet she died from a heart attack [a cardio had cleared her priorly]. and then watched a human patient with mild 'monitored' heart issues nearly die from a heart attack due to a 3 day dose, less than 6 months ago. So this brings up red flags for me.

      Marianna

      Message 2 of 12 , May 12, 2013
        Jim, Martha, with HCM and also diabetic, cannot have pred. We are giving her Budesonide, which acts primarily on the gut instead of systemically. You might want to ask your vet about that. We have had good success with it, although it does raise her blood sugar a bit.

      • Jim Sinclair
        Message 3 of 12 , May 12, 2013
          On Sun, May 12, 2013 at 11:20 AM, Lynda <ibdcat@...> wrote:

          > Jim, Martha, with HCM and also diabetic, cannot have pred. We are giving
          > her Budesonide, which acts primarily on the gut instead of systemically.

          Why is Martha taking it? Does she have IBD? (I'm guessing she does as
          I've just noticed the email address you're posting from.) Rhapsody
          doesn't have any apparent GI problems. If Budesonide acts primarily on
          the gut, would that help a cat with lung and suspected brain
          inflammation?

          Jim Sinclair jisincla@...
        • Lynda
          Message 4 of 12 , May 13, 2013
            Jim, yes, I don't have an answer to your question. I never thought about it, since Martha has IBD. Maybe some others on here will chime in with an answer, and be sure to ask your vet. I do hope you get a satisfactory answer soon.

            <<<Why is Martha taking it? Does she have IBD? (I'm guessing she does as

            I've just noticed the email address you're posting from.) Rhapsody

            doesn't have any apparent GI problems. If Budesonide acts primarily on

            the gut, would that help a cat with lung and suspected brain

            inflammation?>>>>~~~~~~~~~~~~
            Blessings,Lynda, Martha, Morelli and Angel C.B.