Re: [FH] Staci's mom: staci's profile

  • tamitamco
    Message 1 of 4 , May 11, 2013
      Michelle,

      Glad that you like the idea! I was just trying to find a balance of how to put in enough important info, but not make it too long. I think I might at least post the "current status" and "meds" every time. But hearing all the behavior traits is often what helps us remember a certain kitty.

      I love that your kitty wants to "hang out" even if she doesn't like to be held.

      Thanks,
      Tami, Staci's mom

      On May 11, 2013, at 2:01 PM, "Westgold" <westgold@...> wrote:

      > This is a WONDERFUL idea!! Often when I am reading posts I find myself asking, how old is this cat again? What meds is she on?
      >
      > Let's all start doing these little profiles for our dear kitties & pasting them in each time we post. It will really help us give better answers.
      >
      > Take care -- Michelle & Tigger Too in Toronto
      >
      > TIGGER TOO
      > 8 1/2 years old, adorable red&white neutered shorthair Scottish Fold with folded ears. He was born exactly a month after I lost my precious soul-kitty Pooh.
      > Diagnosed with HCM at 6 months, put on atenolol immediately. He is in great shape and you can't even tell he's sick. No other medical problems. But has not been to the vet for 5 years, since his heart actually stopped beating because of the stress the last time we were there. We are never going out again unless it's a true emergency.
      > Traits: loves to sit on my desk while I am working, and on the arm of my chair while I watch TV. Loves his cat tree and spends a lot of time in there too. Even though he constantly looks at me so longingly, like he's in desperate need of more love and attention, he will unfortunately not let me hold him for more than 10 seconds. Doesn't like to play much either, even tho I know he needs the exercise and try several times a day to get him moving.

    • Morven Doyle
      Message 2 of 4 , May 12, 2013
        Brilliant idea Tami!

        Mia's profile:

        -Current Stats: 8 years young! Brown spotted gorgeous bengal, ARVC (which is very rare in cats), weighs 3.5 kg, eating, drinking, pooping and peeing well.

        -Medical summary: doing much better thank god after heart failure in April 2013, when she was admitted to hospital to get 160ml of fluid drained from her chest. Mia was in intensive care & an oxygen chamber when she came round & was a poor wee soul for a week.

        -Meds: benefortin once a day, vetmedin twice a day, furosemide twice a day, aspirin twice a week.

        -Hobbies: "I love watching the birdies in my back garden whilst chilling out in my climbing frame that let's me perch up high. I love the sun & love to chill out on the decking on a nice day. My favourite treat are king prawns. I just love them & always eat them all up when my mummy gives me a bowl. I'm very affectionate & love being petted on my mummy's knee "