Staci's mom: quick update, doing good, losing weight

  • tamitamco
    Message 1 of 1 , May 10, 2013
      Friends,

      Sometimes I don't write updates because it seems I can't do a quick update.

      So, Staci had her bloodpressure test and a in-house blood panel. Blood pressure is 136 now after 1 week on benazepril. All numbers are just slightly worse on bloodwork. Probably to be expected after 10 days of no fluids due to overhydration. She is still losing weight, which is starting to scare me. She has lost 2lbs in two weeks and still losing 0.1 lb daily. The vet thinks we need to up fluids. She wanted to go from 50 to 100. She was okay with a compromise at doing 75. She did not want to lower the benazepril below the 1/4 of a 5mg pill. Her weight is now 5.25 lbs. her low has been 5.0 at the worst of her crash. A good goal for now is 6.5 lbs and she was 8.5 1 year ago.

      Thanks for any advice,
      Take care
      Tami