Staci's mom: benazepril dosages prescribed

  • tamitamco
    Message 1 of 2 , May 8 11:30 PM
      Friends,

      What are the typical doses of benazepril given to crf cats?

      Staci is on 1/4 of a 5mg pill 1x per day. Her BP was 180 with 150 ml subqs and no BP meds. Then it was 126 on amlodipine. Now we switched to 1/4 of a benazepril. I will surely discuss any changes with my vet.

      Thanks,
      Tami, Staci's mom
    • elfinmyst
      Message 2 of 2 , May 9 2:57 AM
        Hi

        My cats have been on 2.5 mg twice a day since they were diagnosed at 12
        weeks old. Trixi was upped to 5mg twice a day after her heart attack, but it
        was reduced again when she recovered. 5mg a day is normal for three of mine.