Re: [FH] Re: Carnitine and HCM and Hyperthyroid

  • marianna.mayer
    Message 1 of 3 , May 8, 2013
      I use it every day for my cat. I give a human grade l-carntine liquid product

      Marianna

      Hi Jim

      Carnitine is fine . It's in Vetriscience cardiostrength supplement. Its not
      a drug, it's a food supplement, and mine used the cardiostrength for
      years.

      Hyperthyroid is serious and can cause secondary HCM. It is possible for the
      hyperthyroid to be treated and the HCM to get better if the hyper T is
      causing it. Hyper T wil increase the heart rate and make the HCM worse so I`d
      look into treating it with felimasole as well. But carnitine at 200mg was
      fine for my cats