Re: [FH] Coughing

  • Laurie Stead
    Message 1 of 29 , May 8, 2013
      Coughing is definitely a symptom of fluid build up.  Keep a close eye on Charlie's breathing.  If it increases from his "normal", I would bring him in now.

      Laurie

      Message 2 of 29 , May 8, 2013
        This is actually what started this whole HCM journey for my boy. He was doing the same thing you are describing. On the xray i was told that that because his heart was so big, it looked like it was pushing his larynx away from where it should be. Since we started all his meds, i noticed less episodes. I would definitely have them check it out when you go if it wasn't there before. Not sure if that helped or not. Best of luck!

        Blake and Schmutz
        To: feline-heart@yahoogroups.com

        Message 3 of 29 , May 8, 2013
          I took Charlie to the vet today and even though he had normal respirations and normal heart rate, no rattling sounds in the chest through stethoscope, the xray showed fluid in his lungs...actually more than when I first took him in with rapid respirations and he was diagnosed.

          So he is increasing his dose of Lasix...well it's something that starts with an F, can't remember the name......anyway, his dose is increased. Blood work showed that his kidney enzymes were ok so the increase was ok to do. Vet said he was on a very low dose to start. Hoping this works. He has been so happy and playful....maybe too much. So I am keeping him in just one room until we go back in two weeks for a check up.